The Australia Council is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the legislation.
The Privacy Act allows you to:
- know the type of personal information we collect, why your personal information is being collected, how it will be used and who it will be disclosed to
- have the option of not identifying yourself, or of using a pseudonym. The Australia Council will still require your full name when you submit a funding application
- ask for access to your personal information
- stop receiving unwanted direct marketing
- ask for your personal information to be corrected if it is incorrect
- make a complaint about an entity covered by the Privacy Act, if you consider they have mishandled your personal information.
We only collect personal information from you when you provide it directly to us. If you browse our website, we do not collect any personal information. Our website collects generic statistical only, such as data that gives the country of the person browsing the website, and which browser they used.
Our website follows the Privacy Commissioner’s Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government Websites.
We appreciate feedback from our users relating to the services we offer on our website. Please let us know if you have any suggestions by emailing us at email@example.com
Register of Privacy Impact Assessments
Pursuant to the Privacy (Australian Government Agencies – Governance) APP Code 2017 (the Code), made under the Privacy Act 1988 (the Act), the Australia Council is required to maintain a register of the Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) it conducts and publish the register, or a version of the register, on its website. Privacy Impact Assessment is defined in section 33D of the Act.
The following table sets out a register of the Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) conducted by the Australia Council since the commencement of the Code on 1 July 2018
The Privacy Impact Register was reviewed on 22 May 2023.
If you contact the Australia Council to request information or to make an enquiry or a complaint, any personal information (such as your name, email or telephone number) that you provide when contacting us will only be used for the purpose of responding to your request, enquiry or complaint.
Privacy collection notice
We will only collect your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our functions under the section 9 of the Australia Council Act 2013.
How to contact us
You can contact the Australia Council’s Privacy Officer if you have any questions or concerns about privacy matters:
Australia Council for the Arts
PO Box 576
Pyrmont NSW 2009
If you have a complaint about the way the Australia Council has handled your personal information you can contact the Privacy Officer of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website
Privacy hotline: 1300 363 992 (local call charge)