The Fundamentals of Arts Fundraising | Perth
Want to learn the foundations of arts fundraising?
Registrations for our Fundamentals of Arts Fundraising workshop are now open to organisations and individuals in Perth.
The Fundamentals of Arts Fundraising is designed for arts professionals who want to learn the foundations of arts philanthropy and sponsorship or those looking to refresh their knowledge.
This workshop is perfect for:
- Arts professionals, executive staff and/or leadership teams, and board members who want to learn the basics of arts fundraising, philanthropy and sponsorship;
- Arts professionals, executive staff and/or leadership teams, and board members with some fundraising experience and knowledge;
- Leaders and board members of regional arts organisations and projects in Perth; or
- Individual artists in and around Perth.
What you’ll get:
A full-day interactive workshop, covering:
- Business partnerships 101
- Philanthropy 101
- How to make your organisation fundraising-ready
- Building a case for support
- Fundraising strategies
- Developing a fundraising plan
This is a chance to connect with your peers and learn from your Creative Partnerships State Manager for WA, James Boyd, who will provide local perspective, case studies and insights on how to implement what you’ve learned.
The cost for attending is $100.00 +GST, including lunch, tea and coffee and snacks.
All participants, staff and presenters attending this event will need to follow simple health and hygiene measures. These measures are outlined in Creative Partnerships Australia’s COVIDSafe Plan. Additionally, venue health and safety protocols will be in place. You can view this here.
About the presenter:
James Boyd is Creative Partnerships Australia’s State Manager for WA and has consulted for over 250 arts companies in collaboration, sponsorship and fundraising. Prior to this role he was the Executive Manager, Development for the West Australian Symphony Orchestra where he raised $15 million. He is a graduate of the Executive Program for Non-profit Leaders in the Arts, Stanford University and holds a Graduate Certificate of Social Impact from UWA. He is also the National Convener of Impact100 and has published a number of articles on fundraising in the arts and collaborative philanthropy.
Promotion Partner: Chamber of Arts & Culture WA & State Government Arts Department