Am I eligible for MATCH Lab?
Get the facts on our eligibility and assessment criteria for the MATCH Lab program.
Applications for the 2021-22 MATCH Lab program are now closed. Successful applicants will be notified in early October.
MATCH Lab is for independent artists and groups. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a practicing artist or group of artists.
- Be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident.
- Be aged 18 years or over.
- Have an ABN and be prepared to receive project funds; OR have an agreement in place with an auspicing body.
- Be available to participate in the Raising Money for Your Art clinic.
- Be prepared to run a fundraising campaign between the fundraising campaign window, specified in the guidelines.
MATCH Lab will not support:
- Arts organisations
- School groups or tertiary training institutions.
- Previous participants of MATCH Lab.
- Applicants who have previously received funding from us and have an outstanding acquittal or reporting, including through the Australian Cultural Fund.
- An activity that has already taken place.
MATCH Lab isn’t for everyone. This isn’t a traditional arts or grants program – it’s designed as an intensive, hands-on professional and business development opportunity.
When assessing applications, we look for independent artists or small group of artists who can show:
- A demonstrated track record of arts practice.
- Your professional experience, direction, and goals.
- Your capacity to fundraise and build private sector support (individual donations, crowdfunding, philanthropy, trusts or foundations, and business sponsorship) for your work.
How to Apply
If you have any further questions prior to applying, please contact our Programs Officer, Catherine Hempenstall via email or phone 03 9616 0321.
Applications closed on Wednesday 1 September, 5pm AEST.