Philanthropy Mentoring Program
The Philanthropy Mentoring Program offered 12-month mentoring opportunities to cultural sector managers and executives to boost skills in philanthropic development.
The Philanthropy Mentoring Program offered mentorships for professionals working in philanthropic development.
Successful applicants were placed with experienced executives to glean strategic advice and practical insights into increasing revenue via philanthropy.
Through pairing recipients one-on-one with leaders and company directors, philanthropy and development managers could hone skills, establish key relationships and ultimately increase revenue.
The mentorships were designed to:
- Clarify professional goals; enhance skills, knowledge and confidence; and expand professional networks.
- Provide support and advice to mentees, enabling them to develop strategies and apply their learning in the workplace.
- Develop a culture of mentoring, which can improve communication; retain and reward talent; and assist succession planning in organisations, professional networks or industry organisations.
- Be a component of a leadership program, as it offers participants a trusted advisor to discuss issues around leadership, strategy and career planning distinct from the group setting of other training.
We committed to providing 17 individual mentorships around Australia in 2015.
Philanthropy Mentoring is a legacy program. We are no longer accepting applications for this program.
The successful recipients of the 2015 Philanthropy Mentoring Program included:
- Paola Niscioli, Adelaide Symphony Orchestra (SA)
- Christina Chiam, Australian Youth Orchestra (VIC)
- Rebecca MacFarling, Bangarra Dance Theatre (NSW)
- Liz Tomkinson, Belvior Theatre Company (NSW)
- Emily Kinny, Brisbane Writers’ Festival (QLD)
- Elissa O’Conner, Castlemaine State Festival (VIC)
- Claire Wilcock, Chunky Move (VIC)
- Charlie Cush, CIRCA (QLD)
- Fiona Poletti, Circus Oz (VIC)
- Karen Relph, Darwin Symphony Orchestra (NT)
- Will Harvey, Griffin Theatre Company (NSW)
- Jacqueline Williams, Melbourne Recital Centre (VIC)
- Amanda Jolly, Queensland Theatre Company (QLD)
- Guy Ross, State Theatre Company of South Australia (SA)
- Antonia Seymour, Urban Theatre Projects (NSW)
- Lynette Gillman, Victorian Opera (VIC)
- Sally Richardson, Yirra Yaakin Theatre Company (WA)
The Philanthropy Mentoring Program was supported by the Australian Government through the Cultural Development Program of the Ministry for the Arts, Attorney-General’s Department, and delivered by McCarthy Mentoring.