Announcing our 2021-22 MATCH Lab artists and collectives
Covering a range of artforms from across all States and Territories, 26 independent artists and collectives have been selected from an impressive 63 applications.
Each will receive up to $5,000 in matched funding, with a total of $126,714 committed to MATCH Lab by Creative Partnerships Australia.
List of recipients:
- Brittanie Shipway (NSW) | Yellow Rock – A Gumbaynggirr Songline
- Jules Orcullo (NSW) | Fraser Babies
- Mara Schwerdtfeger (NSW) | Gathering Geographies
- Natalie Dietz (NSW) | Natalie Dietz new work “Surrender” & Australian tour
- Nathan Bryon (NSW) | Postgraduate Study: San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Sally Coleman (NSW) | Big Sand – Visual Assets
- Fanomezana Razafimamonjy (NT) | Short, trailer and teaser for PROMISED LAND
- Pia Robinson (QLD) | Martin and friends
- Anthony Albrecht (SA) | Kaurna Meyunna – The Seasons
- Jane Longhurst (TAS) | The Black Bag Trilogy – Performance 02: Request Concert
- Christian Bagin (VIC) | Médée, a tragic opera comedy
- Conor Misson (VIC) | The Cherry Blossoms Project
- David Gagliardi (VIC) | Film: Everyone Goes To Heaven In The Clothes They Died In
- Joel Bray (VIC) | Garabari
- Louise Klerks (VIC) | The Chalk Art of Mark Davis
- Mia’kate Russell (VIC) | You Can’t Say His Name
- Olivia Satchell (VIC) | The Grief Trilogy
- Patrick Livesey (VIC) | Cavemen by Angus Cameron
- Penny Moore (VIC) | Memento Vivere: John Flaus – An authentic Australian voice
- Stephanie Ghajar (VIC) | Zaffé
- Will Fiske (VIC) | Awaken Issue #2
- Isha Sharvani Mott (WA) | ASCENT
- Jay Emmanuel (WA) | Encounter Theatre
- Scott Elstermann (WA) | Petrushka (Game, Set, Match)
- Teresa Izzard (WA) | Medusa
- Yitzhak Yedid (WA) | Nigunim, songs without words
The successful MATCH Lab participants will take part in a two-day professional development clinic Raising Money for your Art in November 2021, supporting them to build their fundraising skills, gain a broader arts business knowledge, and create sustainable sources of revenue for their work. Following on from this workshop, they will complete a fundraising campaign with Creative Partnerships Australia matching what they raise dollar-for-dollar up to $5,000 per project.
We wish all this years’ MATCH Lab recipients success with their upcoming fundraising campaigns and look forward to seeing them run between late November and 31 May 2022.
Learn more about MATCH Lab here.