Building A Case For Support Masterclasses 2019
Our 2019 masterclasses will help your organisation build the strongest case for support.
Join us for an interactive masterclass which will provide a step-by-step guide for arts organisations to develop their case for support, presented by globally-renowned strategic brand consultant Jane Wentworth.
Taking place across all Australian capitals in March 2019, these masterclasses are for fundraising and marketing professionals, executives, artistic directors, board members, and CEOs within small, medium and major arts and cultural organisations.
Learn more and book your spot for Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Darwin, Adelaide and Perth, or visit our events page.
Case for Support
The foundation of every successful fundraising strategy is a compelling case for support. It outlines why you do what you do and illustrates the benefits of investing in your creative journey. A strong case for support serves as the blueprint for the value of your art.
When it comes to approaching donors and partners, your case for support will be the difference between a yes and a no.
Who it’s for
Fundraising and marketing professionals, executives, artistic directors, board members, and CEOs within small, medium and major arts organisations who are wanting to:
- Build the most successful case for support for your arts organisation
- Develop a compelling narrative
- Understand your audience
- Create relevant and persuasive case studies
Please note: These events are limited in capacity, so they are strictly for people working within the arts sector.
What you’ll get
- Step-by-step guidance in answering the four key questions required to develop your case for support; what do you do, why do you do it, how do you do it, and what is your vision for the future?
- Insider tips and insight into good practice and methodology in formulating strategy and engaging staff behind shared aims
- New confidence and skills in communicating your vision to colleagues and external stakeholders, including funders
- Case studies of successful models appropriate to the scale of your organisation
- A solid foundation on which to build a distinctive and meaningful case for support
- A networking lunch with your peers at the conclusion of the masterclass
The masterclass will cover
- Focusing your research: positioning your organisation within your sector, establishing a rapport, and matching values
- Ensuring your case for support relates directly to your organisation’s vision
- Developing a compelling narrative
- Understanding your audiences
- Empowering everyone on your team to be a fundraising advocate
- Creating relevant and persuasive case studies
- Making the most of sponsors’ testimonials
- Building and maintaining relationships
About Jane Wentworth
Jane Wentworth is one of the world’s foremost branding and cultural strategy consultants, with over 30 years’ experience.
Since 2003, Jane Wentworth Associates has been helping arts organisations in both the visual and performing arts – public and private, large and small – to define and communicate their brand strategies with a clear vision, a shared and unequivocal set of values, and a common sense of purpose.
She has developed brand strategies for the V&A, Tate, the Smithsonian’s Freer|Sackler Galleries, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Glyndebourne Opera, Chateau Vaux-le-Vicomte, and National Museum of Sweden, among countless others.
Jane is a graduate of the Royal College of Art, and a regular commentator about brand strategy and design. She is a Trustee of the Longplayer Trust and advisor to the Clore Leadership Programme.
Building a Case for Support Masterclass with Jane Wentworth
Melbourne: Tuesday 5 March 2019 – Join waiting list
Hobart: Thursday 7 March 2019 – Book Now
Canberra: Friday 8 March 2019 – Join waiting list
Sydney: Wednesday 13 March 2019 – Join waiting list
Brisbane: Friday 15 March 2019 – Join waiting list
Darwin: Monday 18 March 2019 – Book Now
Adelaide: Wednesday 20 March 2019 – Join waiting list
Perth: Friday 22 March 2019 – Join waiting list